header

bloglovin feedburner facebook google plus pinterest Image Map

pages

sponsor home freebies link parties deals contact Image Map

February 5, 2013

Feburary is American Heart Month


Did you know that this month is Heart Month?  I'm not talking about all the cute red and pink hearts floating around either.  This month, as we celebrate Valentine's Day and remind those we love what they mean to us; it is also a good time to stop and check in on the heath and well being of our own hearts.  I'm talking about the actual muscle here... not our love life!

Heart Disease is the leading cause of death for both men and women in this country.  That's 1 out of every 4 deaths!  It is a staggering number.  The good news is that heart disease is preventable and controllable.  The key is to have all the facts on hand and to take action.  

Believe me, I know it is not an easy road.  My family is dealing with the effects of heart disease right now.  My mom is in the hospital having a procedure done today.  I know the struggles and anxieties first hand.  Thankfully her prognosis is good, and she will hopefully be back to her old self again soon.

Again, the key to preventing and managing heart disease is to be proactive!  I hope that this post and the sites below will help you to get the ball rolling, or open up the conversation with a love one.  

American HEART Association
     

My Life Check @ American Heart Assoc.


CDC Heart Month





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips