header

bloglovin feedburner facebook google plus pinterest Image Map

pages

sponsor home freebies link parties deals contact Image Map

April 19, 2013

52 Weeks - Soggy Basement, Goodwill, Ribs and Cold Stone! OH MY!

It is time again to recap my random acts of kindness for the week.  Yesterday was the hubs birthday.  We woke up to a water logged yard and a wet basement.  He had planned on working on his Bronco all day, in stead he got to spend half the day trying to fix the leak in the wall.  Thankfully the water in the basement was manageable, also way less stressful of an event when you rent and do not own.  Our gypsy life style does have some perks.  The water in the basement also led to me cleaning out more stuff and taking another car full of goods to Goodwill.  Plus we loaded up some toys and dropped those off at little bear's day care.

The hubs birthday did not start as he had planned, but I made sure that it finished right.  The little bear decided that Daddy wanted an Angry Bird party, so we decorated the house for dinner.  Then I made the hub's favorite meal of ribs and more ribs.  Seriously I did not even bother with veggies for him because I knew he was not going to eat them.   There I was grilling out in the rain for the man I love.  Doesn't get any more kind than that!  haha  

We also had his favorite Ice Cream Cake.  I was going to make a cake for him, but with the basement mess and everything else that needed to be done yesterday I just ran out to Cold Stone in stead.  We tried their cupcakes and cookie ice cream sandwiches.  The cupcakes were OK, not great; but the cookie sandwiches were awesome!  Seriously good! 

All in all it was a pretty good day.

52 weeks of kindnessDon't forget to stop by My Three Bittles and see what everyone else is doing to spread kindness this week.  I'd love to hear how your acts of kindness are going, or if you've been blessed with a kindness recently!

Did you also know that in honor of Autism Awareness month, Charity Miles is sponsoring Autism Speaks?  Simply download the Charity Miles app and go for a walk or run!  Your miles will be added to their donation total.












Looking to grow your blog? I have Sponsor Spots open this week - priced to fit any budget, including FREE! Hop over to my sponsor page for more details.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Blogging tips